what the hell is this blog anyways?

To the 3 people that will read this...

Expect game reviews and replays from our weekly game. I may also talk City of Heroes, movies, books and whatever else catches my fancy.

Friday, December 23, 2011

Nerdy Friday recap - this time on Thursday because that's how we roll

Games Played:  3 player Ra.  Mike won by copying play not to suck.  Actually he got a fistful of rivers and monuments, which is part of not sucking...buy stuff!

4 player Galaxy Trucker.  Mike wins again, but that was a low fence to get over with how Warren and I built space ships.  I actually think this might be a game I enjoy less as I get better at it.  Without random pieces of my spaceship breaking off, this game loses amusement.

4 player Race for the Galaxy.  Ryan wins with a really fun tableau.  He got cards and goods when he produced, he was able to trade cards when he consumed for double victory points and had fun synergy all over the place.

3 player Notre Dame.  I AM REDEEMED!  Ok not really but I had a really strong game.  The game isn't drastically different with 3 but you do know that everyone at the table will be passing you cards and you do have an effect on every location.   I won with Messages (five for 14 points plus 6 for the VP townie) and the VP spot (6 doobers on it totalling 21 points).  Well that and I was never forced to drop a guy into the hotel.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good time was had by all.
    Do you want Columbia contirbutions? I just joined the Wednesday Game Night crew in CoMo. I would be delighted to be a guest blogger. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. done. but I expect the same sloppy amateurish rants that I am becoming known for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan won Galaxy trucker, but really...after watching my dad try to build ships, we were all winners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite part is when a big chunk of spaceship falls off of someone else's ship.

    ReplyDelete