what the hell is this blog anyways?

To the 3 people that will read this...

Expect game reviews and replays from our weekly game. I may also talk City of Heroes, movies, books and whatever else catches my fancy.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Nerdy Recap


Broke out Samurai because it's underplayed, goes good with 3, and takes about 45 minutes which was important since Warren was arrived a bit late.

Mike won by getting two out right wins, but the game was much more competitive than that implies.  Mike and I both had 11 total captures.  Circumstances will probably say that we are done with that game for another 3-5 months.

I won 4 player Lords of Waterdeep.

LoWD is an unusual game.  It is about the simplest worker placement game EVER but there are quite a few subtleties that I am just now starting to grasp.  One thing is evident; this game has no run away leader problem.  I had about as poor of a start that you could have, and Ryan had about as good of a start as you can have.  I finished first and Ryan 3rd.  I turned it around with a plot quest that I thought I built too late, and one of the $8 awesome buildings.  I don't know if this is true in general yet, but this game sweeping the 4 quests showing and taking your pick of 4 new ones was a much better idea than taking an sub-optimum quest in order to gain 2 bucks or an intrigue card.

BTW, we had a rules clarification that's kind of important.  You can only complete 1 quest per action.  What does this mean?   You can't bank dudes for an amazing comeback late, you can't cascade new quests with adventurers gained as rewards, and mandatory quests are really really mean.

Two quick games of 3 player King of Tokyo was split between Mike and I.  No analysis here, except Warren, roll better or something.

I believe everyone won at least 1 round of  3 player No Thanks!  It's No Thanks, so nothing to offer here either

1 comment:

  1. I won the game of going home early and getting some sleep!

    ReplyDelete