what the hell is this blog anyways?

To the 3 people that will read this...

Expect game reviews and replays from our weekly game. I may also talk City of Heroes, movies, books and whatever else catches my fancy.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Nerdy Friday recap - Information I could have used an hour ago

Games played :  Steam Galaxy Trucker.

3 player Steam:  a learning experience.  First time out, this is a solid but not brilliant game.  There might be conflicting wishes, I think the game would be better with 4 or more which competes with other peoples desire to have room to build.   See there are 7 roles to choose, and a couple weren't chosen at all, and a couple more were only chosen once.  Warren should have read the teaching games post by Mike.  We play the entire game, and SURPRISE, turns out the amount of rail you build also counts for VPs.

3 player Galaxy Trucker:  Mike killed us.  Lots.  Really really lots.  He should have won the last game regardless, luck made it a slaughter.  I don't know what my strategy for making the spaceship is, but its wrong.

1 comment:

  1. steam - the strategy seems to revolve around protecting some cubes so you can get mega points for them later and making sure no one steals them.
    This type of strategy game is a hard one for me. I don't tend to improve much.

    ReplyDelete