what the hell is this blog anyways?

To the 3 people that will read this...

Expect game reviews and replays from our weekly game. I may also talk City of Heroes, movies, books and whatever else catches my fancy.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Nerdy Friday recap

Games Played

3 player Alhambra - Darren won with his patented play not to suck strategy. Tactically speaking he lucked into getting cheap VP's for the white tiles, winning round 1 with one whitey and round 2 with two. Also in 3 player, placing 3rd in tile colors while buying a single tile then getting tertiary points looks like a marvelous deal.




4 player Olympos and 3 player Glen More simulcast. John won Olympos in a pretty close game all around and while wearing a F#¢&ing Redwings hoodie. I believe John won because he did a lot of stuff fairly well but didn't specialize into one route. He ended up with three 8+ VP point technology buys that way. Ryan was winning Glen More but sources say he actually lost to either Mike or David. (<-- EDIT: MIKE! he lost to me, that is Mike. Ryan seemed a bit annoyed that we had all but conceded for most of the game and then beat him. but I feel no guilt or shame. That game has some neat mechanics too, I should review that one.)





5 player Notre Dame. Mike won with I believe another broad based strategy (ND is too new to us and too complex. I was preoccupied with my own game), letting the cards dictate his moves instead of concentrating on a single path. NF has figured out that hoping for a path is a way to get thwarted; you are at mercy of your opponents passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment