what the hell is this blog anyways?

To the 3 people that will read this...

Expect game reviews and replays from our weekly game. I may also talk City of Heroes, movies, books and whatever else catches my fancy.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Nerdy Friday recap - kicking it old school

Games played:  Clash of the Gladiators (2002), Settlers of Catan (1995), Bohnanza (1997), No Thanks! (2004) and Dixit (2008, the exception to old skool).

3 player Gladiators, congratulations Dennis, in his first game ever.  Sure luck was involved but he made some good stands and had good tactics!

Interlude:  Stratego.  Darren conceded to Mike because people showed up and we could move onto a different game.  Mike had more and better pieces than I did, but only 1 miner.  I have no doubt he would of eventually prevailed but it was probably going to take another half hour, at least.

4 player Bohnanza:  Good job Mike!  I did not finish last!

4 player Settlers:  WTG David!  Longest road and the 2-1 grain and sheep ports were quite valuable for him.  I did finish last.  But I picked first and that spelled d00m with how the settlements were placed.  Although I did have a quick start.

Simulcast 3 player No Thanks!:  I do not know who won.  But this was a fill in game for late arrivals whilst we finished Settlers.

6 player Dixit :  Mike again, and we got to use the Sonic Youth styled hint again.  Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment